In my current job as Communications Assistant at Mount Allison University, I audited the University’s social media presence, presented to University staff from different departments on the audit and best practices for social media use, and developed campus-wide social media guidelines.
Aside from drafting and implementing social media best practices for Mount Allison, a major project this past summer was to help plan, organize, and execute a video series in an effort to reach out to incoming students and decrease summer melt. The positive reactions to these twenty videos by students, alumni, and industry professionals can be seen here. The press release announcing the video series is here. The video playlist is available here.
In addition to the social media work, I also wrote a number of press releases including this one regarding the Atlantic International Studies Organization.
Most recently I planned, recorded, and edited a video of graduating students from the class of 2012:
- [VIDEO] Why consider Mount Allison University?
- [STORIFY] 20 Tips for first-year students at Mount Allison University
- [ARTICLE] Ursula climbs to the top: a visit with New Brunswick’s Mount Allison
- [ARTICLE] Polar Bear to visit Mount Allison for Convocation
- [VIDEO] Graduates of the Class of 2012 Share Their Post-Grad Plans
- [VIDEO SERIES] 20 Tips in 20 Days for first-year students