I want to share some career news. I’ve left my admissions position at Illinois Tech in order to devote myself full-time to finding a digital marketing supporting higher ed or nonprofits either in-house or on the agency site. I greatly appreciate the opportunity I had to manage the intricate and complex process of managing the direct mail, email, and other methods of recruiting students from the search stage to matriculation.
The next stage of my career will be focused in the digital marketing space.
Specifically, I’m seeking a role that will make use of my skill and experience with the following subsets of digital marketing:
- Building and optimizing websites (using Drupal and WordPress among others)
- Managing content strategy for program marketing
- Improving website user experience
- Making complex tracking changes using Google Tag Manager
- Implementing and optimizing Google Analytics configurations
- Ensuring digital advertising budgets are used effectively
- Interpreting and effectively explaining web analytics to key stakeholders (using Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Tableau (and how insights from these tool can help inform marketing decisions)
- Using CRM systems (like Salesforce and Slate) and marketing automation tools (like HubSpot) to have a full picture of the customer experience and enable personalized communication
Each of the above bullet points interest me, and in concert they can contribute significantly to organizational goals and enable teams to prove marketing ROI and ultimately increase investment in marketing operations.